Thursday, November 3, 2011

Let there be Light

First, a disclaimer, I am not one of those people who puts up their Christmas tree the day after Halloween and leaves it up until Valentine's Day. (and if you are, it's okay.)

However, I am a fan of getting those pesky house lights up before the first snowfall, and since you just never know when that's going to be in Utah, you gotta get those lights up early! Oh, and by me, I totally mean my husband. He literally sat on our roof in a blizzard last year putting on the last of our lights because there was going to be a huge storm, that dumped tons of snow, that wouldn't melt until sometime in late March.

For the last two days he has been putting up our lights and informed me this morning we were running  are out of those little clip thingys that hold the lights on the roof. He asked me if I could pick up more while I was at the grocery store. Well, they don't carry those kind at the grocery store. Three stores later I found the kind we have. Hopefully those lights will be done tomorrow because, you guessed it, there is a big storm headed our way!




1 comment:

  1. Wow! I'm so impressed! We're not really big on doing the whole Christmas light thing mainly because my husband just won't do it. I've strung lights on bushes and put out a lighted train for several years before it was finally laid to rest, but that's about it.

    LOVE your orange flats!

    ReplyDelete