Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Giving In

I am a crazy person who exercises everyday (except Sunday) I get up at 4:45 a.m. to work out. I have to admit, it is a bit of an addiction. I love how I feel after a really tough workout. I love pushing myself to work harder. Well, about a month ago I noticed a nagging pain in my leg. I, of course, ignored it hoping it would go away. It didn't, it got worse. So after my self-diagnosis and treatment did not seem to help, I gave in and went to the doctor. He sent me to a physical therapist and I have a strained muscle behind the tibia. Can I just tell you how relieved I am it is not more serious and that it can be easily fixed, without sidelining my workouts?! I do have to invest in some crazy expensive shoe inserts but it will be worth it to have pain free workouts.

I don't know why I fought it for so long, if one of my children was hurt I would not hesitate for a moment to take them to the doctor, but for myself, I always think I can tough it out. I won't say my lesson is learned, but I am very happy to have a diagnosis and be on the road to a full recovery, and to get back to my crazy hard workouts :)




(By the way, this is NOT what you should wear to Physical Therapy or they will make you change into really ugly basketball shorts that have probably been worn by many other people.)
Sweater: F21, T-shirt: Shade, Jeans: Gap, Belt: Old Navy, Shoes: Urban Outfitters, Jewelry: Lia Sophia

1 comment:

  1. So glad your injury can easily be fixed! Yes, you have to remember to take care of yourself too!! :) Great look...love the neutral colors.

    ReplyDelete