Wednesday, March 9, 2011

That 70's Show

Today's outfit has a 70's feel. I was looking to be comfortable, stylish and warm. I wanted to wear these clogs to see if they still deserved a home in my closet. I am still undecided. They are comfy, but they are looking a bit worn and I am pretty sure they have outlived their style life. But I like them, so I am torn...

I volunteered in my son's classroom today. I love spending time with my kids at school. I have been volunteering in the classroom for over 12 years. I started when my oldest was in 1st grade and he is now a Senior. It has been such a great experience. I love getting to know my kids friends and classmates along with their teacher. My kids are/were always excited when I showed up at school to help. Next year will be my last year to volunteer because my baby will be moving on to the Middle School. I would love to continue to help at the school but when each of my kids reached that age I was informed that I was no longer "needed" to help in their classes. (tear! oops, I was told I was not allowed to use that term.) I hate that they are all getting so dang big!
Sweater and Shirt: Old Navy, Jeans: Silver, Belt: Aeropostale, Shoes: Mudd (so very old) Socks: Wal-Mart, Owl: Etsy, Earrings: Lia Sophia

2 comments:

  1. I like the 70's feel of your outfit. Your owl necklace is really pretty. Maybe you can do some volunteer work elsewhere. I used to help at a food handout, and it was a great experience.
    My Heart Blogged

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the red!! And that belt reminds me of something I have but in green : )

    www.mrschong.com

    ReplyDelete