Thursday, March 3, 2011

Hangin' with Mom

My mom has had some recent medical struggles, including, but not limited to eye surgery, because of this she has lots of appointments, but can't drive. Which gives me the opportunity to get to spend lots of time with her as her chauffeur.

Now, let me tell you this is not a bad gig. She pays for gas, sometimes buys lunch and we usually end up shopping together. (She even bought me a really cute jacket on one of our trips.) We really have a great time together and I love hangin' with her. (Hangin' is what teenagers do with their friends and since I will forever be a teenager in my own mind, that is the term I am using)

We recently spent the day at the beauty salon getting her hair cut and my nails done. During our drive to the salon, she told me her eye is getting so much better and she will be able to drive soon, (insert sad music) I am totally bummed because I love having a reason to hang out with her and it is nice to feel needed again. (Trust me all you stay-at-home moms, the day will come when you are home alone all day. And though it is nice, you miss having people to hang with)


In case you were wondering, I am in LOVE with the brown/black combo...
Shirt: Maurice's, Jeans: Miss Me @ Buckle, Boots: DSW, Belt: Kohl's

2 comments:

  1. this was a sweet post. your mom's lucky to have you. and? i love brown/black combo as well.
    i've added you to the modest blog list!
    -brittney
    http://adayinlifetoo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so sweet. I appreciate my Mom and have a respect for her that I never did while living @ home. Growing up and closer to her has been the best thing for me!!

    ReplyDelete